Open and Affirming
Zwingli United Church of Christ is a community of people who gather in a beautiful rural setting to learn and grow in our relationship with God. Our deep roots in this place allow us to spread our arms to embrace all people, celebrating our faith together. We are multigenerational, long-time and new members, and we strive to love each other as God loves us.
Our growing membership is far-reaching through family connections, friends, visitors, former members, the hospitality we offer through our summers full of pizza and music, and community organizations supported through the pizza ministry.
We welcome and embrace all people and their unique gifts as we grow together in Christ. We welcome:
- People of all sexual orientations and gender identities and/or expressions
- People of all ages, marital statuses, and family structures
- People of all abilities, mental and physical
- People of all races and ethnicities
- People whose backgrounds and prayerful considerations have led them to conclusions other than those represented in this statement, and we welcome their gifts, presence and companionship
- People anywhere on their journey to know Christ
We fully welcome all people for worship, fellowship, leadership, ministry, rites and sacraments of this church, and into an authentic relationship with God through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
(adopted by a vote of the congregation May 20, 2018, and approved by the Open and Affirming Coalition of the United Church of Christ May 23, 2018)